Visit the only Franchise Exhibitions in the UK supported by the bfa
Please click on a logo below to discover more about the exhibition:
Thinking of running your own business?
Franchising is a great way to become your own boss, offering you the ready-made structure and support of an established business model. You have the independence of self-employment coupled with the guidance and backing of the franchisor.
All the Franchise Exhibitions listed on this website have been accredited by the British Franchise Association (bfa) which means all have passed their strict code of ethics.
Franchising has been proven as one of the safest ways of starting a new business because you enter the market with an established brand and a proven, successful business formula to follow.
The 2013 NatWest bfa Franchise Survey states that there are now 930 franchise systems operating in the UK. This is an 11% increase in system numbers since the start of the recent recession in 2008.
4 in 5 of the franchise systems in the country are now UK owned and run with 1 in 4 franchsie systems in the UK exporting their business model abroad.
The total number of people employed in franchising in the UK is 561,000, of which just under half are in full time employment. This represents a 20% increase in franchise employment over the past 5 years. For the first time ever, over a quarter of a million full time jobs in franchising in the UK are recorded for the first time ever.
The overall contribution of franchising to the UK economy is £13.7 billion; which equates to just under one per cent of GDP. This contribution has grown by 20% over the past 5 years, whilst the overall economy has shrunk 2.5% over the same period.
If you’re looking for a new challenge and want to become your own boss, the Franchise Exhibitions could help make this a reality and offer new, instant business solutions. With events held around the UK you are sure to find an opportunity to suit your needs.
The franchise industry offers an enormous variety of businesses for sale, from a diverse range of industries and sectors. The Franchise Exhibitions therefore give you the perfect opportunity to research the options available, as well as being able to assess for yourself the benefits of running your own business as part of an established franchise brand.
Although the failure rate in franchising is much lower than that in many other new businesses, there are still risks involved so it is essential to research the franchisor and the market thoroughly.
Why visit a franchise exhibition?
A visit to a Franchise Exhibition will allow you to:
- Not only meet the franchise owners but also those who have bought a franchise themselves and talk with them face to face
- Gain a thorough understanding of how the franchise works and what will be expected of you that an internet search alone cannot offer
- Discover new business ideas from industries you may not have previously considered
- Attend one of the many free seminars, workshops and presentations, and gain practical tips and advice on how to franchise with success
- Receive free advice from the leading experts present at every event, including major UK banks, accountants, solicitors and consultants
- Network with existing franchisees and discover how they made the successful transition from employee to being their own boss