Visit the only Franchise Exhibitions in the UK supported by the bfa
Please click on a logo below to discover more about the exhibition:
Thinking of running your own business?
Franchising is a great way to become your own boss, offering you the ready-made structure and support of an established business model. You have the independence of self-employment coupled with the guidance and backing of the franchisor.
All the Franchise Exhibitions listed on this website have been accredited by the British Franchise Association (bfa) which means all have passed their strict code of ethics.
Franchising has been proven as one of the safest ways of starting a new business because you enter the market with an established brand and a proven, successful business formula to follow.
While UK GDP grew by 0.7% in 2011, the franchise industry increased economic contribution by 8% as turnover rose to £13.4billion. While other sectors contracted over the year, 9 out of 10 franchise businesses posted a profit over the year - reducing loss-makers to pre-recession levels. Further growth is likely as 76% of those surveyed expect business to improve in the coming months (compared to only 44% of all SMEs). Most (80%) believe that franchising gives them a competitive advantage over other small businesses as they have the support of a larger brand.
In contrast to a UK-wide rise in unemployment of 180,000 in 2011, a total of 73,000 jobs were created in the franchise industry. This comes as the number of franchising systems operating right across the UK increased to 929, with 40,100 franchise business units employing 594,000 staff. The number of larger franchise units employing more than 11 staff increased by 30% in the past year according to the survey.
* Statistics from the 2012 NatWest/British Franchise Association survey
If you’re looking for a new challenge and want to become your own boss, the Franchise Exhibitions could help make this a reality and offer new, instant business solutions. With events held around the UK you are sure to find an opportunity to suit your needs.
The franchise industry offers an enormous variety of businesses for sale, from a diverse range of industries and sectors. The Franchise Exhibitions therefore give you the perfect opportunity to research the options available, as well as being able to assess for yourself the benefits of running your own business as part of an established franchise brand.
Although the failure rate in franchising is much lower than that in many other new businesses, there are still risks involved so it is essential to research the franchisor and the market thoroughly.
Why visit a franchise exhibition?
A visit to a Franchise Exhibition will allow you to:
- Not only meet the franchise owners but also those who have bought a franchise themselves and talk with them face to face
- Gain a thorough understanding of how the franchise works and what will be expected of you that an internet search alone cannot offer
- Discover new business ideas from industries you may not have previously considered
- Attend one of the many free seminars, workshops and presentations, and gain practical tips and advice on how to franchise with success
- Receive free advice from the leading experts present at every event, including major UK banks, accountants, solicitors and consultants
- Network with existing franchisees and discover how they made the successful transition from employee to being their own boss